Last saturday, I attended Hands On Manila’s Kindness Revolution where VOLUNTEERISM was celebrated. Several volunteer organizations and charity groups were present in the event but more importantly 5 zealous change makers delivered impassioned talks that really moved the crowd. From their speeches, I was able to take away several quotes, lessons, insights and realizations that I would like to convey with the rest of the world through this concise but meaningful blog post.
1. Reflection makes a difference. It’s during reflection that you learn the most!
2. You learn more about yourself when serving others!
3. Embrace your fears ; being comfortable is no longer safe!
1. Appreciate who you are!
2. Always find ways to communicate.
3. Think outside the box!
4. Don’t just volunteer, volunteer with HEART! ❤
1. You can’t blame others for saying NO.
2. You will face challenges and people will give excuses but don’t give up!
3. Lead by EXAMPLE!
4. Do what you think is right, somebody else might just be waiting for you to do it before they do.
5. It has to start SOMEWHERE by SOMEONE.
1. Relationships are both means and ends of transformation.
2. I am because WE are.
3. EVERYONE matters!
4. Find a way to CONTRIBUTE!
From the final speaker, Jose “Quest” Villanueva III, a Filipino singer and songwriter, known for his song “Sige Lang” in 2012. Quest is a hip-hop and R&B singer wherein he won ‘Best Urban Music Video for 2010’ at the MYX Awards Philippines
1. Wherever you go, wherever you are, there’s a need, there’s a problem.
2. VISION: Have a vision in your life; Begin with an end in your mind.
3. PASSION: Do what you LOVE, LOVE what you do.
4. FAITH: It takes faith to embody your VISION and fuel your PASSION!
It truly was a lesson filled and inspirational event. I truly hope that everyone is able to embody and apply these lessons and values that these Change Makers highlighted in their talks. What matters most is that you don’t only take these lessons to heart, but that you also take ACTION! Like Rendy said, “It has to start SOMEWHERE by SOMEONE,” and why can’t that someone be YOU?